It’s officially spring and so the accessFASHION team have put together a selection of must have items for spring, including our favourite scents, lifestyle essentials and fashion pieces.
AF’s Sacha Williams Spring Must Haves
- 1) Valentino Sunglasses. As we move into the sunnier weather, sunglasses are a must in my bag. These specific sunglasses I currently don’t own but are on my wish list to purchase this spring and will be perfect for summer as well.
- 2) Marc Jacobs, Daisy Eau So Fresh Eau de Toilette Spring. As I was looking for a new floral fragrance this one caught my eye. It contains notes of green tea blossom, matcha and pink pepper.
- 3) This “square neck dress with puff sleeves, ruffles and open back” is perfect for enjoying picnics in the park, hopefully in the coming months. I especially love it as I’m currently obsessed, as I’m sure many of you are, with pastels and this blue is beautiful.
- 4) Marathon Dip-Dye Trainers. These Axel Arigato trainers are the perfect new shoe to buy for spring. I love the design as an artisan method is used which makes each pair unique. I bought these trainers at the beginning of the year in the colour brown, but the colour blue is calling me for spring.
- 5) Chillys bottle from the Neon range. A brightly coloured water bottle helps to encourage me to drink plenty of water which was one of my new year resolutions for 2021.
AF’s Lauren Alexander’s Spring Must Haves
- 1) I have always wanted one of Réalisation Par’s classic ‘Baby Tees’ and this cute graphic design, by artist Zoe Vance, has just been released. I think this is a perfect Spring or Summer staple, you can dress it up or down and pair it with anything – I’m aiming to create a more sustainable wardrobe so the more versatile the better in my opinion.
- 2) Prints in Pieces’ aim is to help people “embrace life’s slow moments” and this is something that I’m trying to practice on a daily basis as part of my self-care routine. Each puzzle features art by emerging female artists from around the world and once you’ve completed the puzzle it is ready to frame. I find that this is a completely new way to discover artists and enjoy art and I couldn’t not include it on my Spring wish list!
- 3) Dry flower bouquets are one of my favourite interior decorations, they can bring so much colour to your space and they last for years. Mud Urban Flowers is one of my favourite florists, they create beautiful bouquets and I would love to add another to my collection. A new dry flower arrangement made up of beautiful colours is a sign post of Spring for me.
- 4) New beauty buys are one of the best pick-me-ups in my opinion and Charlotte Tilbury has just released this ’Lipstick Balm’ and I cannot wait to try it. My favourite shade is nude but with a hint of colour, and I love that this is a sheer, hydrating lipstick, making it perfect for a ‘no make-up’ make-up look in Spring.
- 5) Dresses make up the majority of my Spring/Summer wardrobe, I like to pick good quality items that I can wear over and over all summer long.Sabo Skirt is one of my favourite brands for this and I love the shirred detail and puff sleeves of this dress.
AF’s Evan Burrowes Spring Must Haves
- 1) I am in love with the colourful print of this shirt from Casablanca, it’s a perfect transitional piece for Spring/Summer. I would pair this shirt with a pair of tailored linen trousers and my favourite white sneakers.
- 2) As the weather begins to warm up and we can begin spending more time outside I like to have a switch up in my go to fragrances and ditch my woody, musky scents in favour of lighter fragrances. Neroli 36 from Le Labo is zesty with notes of vanilla and jasmine, making this ideal for sunny spring days.
- 3) I have never been a massive hat fan, but I fell in love with ‘Le bob Artichaut’ from Jaquemus. Its raw edges give this piece a super casual daytime vibe and the terracotta colouring makes it the perfect partner for all the blue denims that populate my wardrobe.
- 4) I am so excited for bars and restaurants to open again in Spring, but for most of the season it looks like we will be sat outside, and being in the UK there will for sure be some expected downpours of rain. This hooded parker from Craig Green, with intricate appliqué detailing is sure to keep you dry and most importantly stylish.
- 5) I have been obsessed with these ‘Homme Plissé’ trousers from Issey Miyake for the last few months and have fought the urge to treat myself to a pair. Now as we enter Spring I think I finally might have to cave in. The pleated style of these trousers make them a great alternative to the joggers that I have lived in for the most part of the last 12 months.
By Evan Burrowes